“Every client family is different and deserves individual, unique strategies”
Calvin serves each of his clients as their primary family adviser, working closely with them, their accountant and lawyer. If needed, he can bring together a referral group of accounts, lawyers and numerous private wealth management firms — all are highly specialized in the needs of the more affluent members of our community. This unique multidisciplinary approach provides a cohesive and customized solution to optimize your family scenario and avoid pitfalls.
Fee-for-Service Advisory process
Step one: Establish Goals and Needs
Where do you want to be and when? What is important to you as it relates to:
- retirement/elder care needs
- estate transfer to the next generation
- aspirations (the bucket list)
- past investment experience and expectations.
- what “risk” and “safe” means to you.
Step two: Gathering and Reviewing
- Current investments and strategies
- Evaluate overall family’s financial situation including debt and cash flow.
- review wills, trusts, investment policy statements and marriage agreements.
- review existing inheritance strategies.
- family profile analysis (family dynamics).
- review life, disability and critical illness insurance policies
Step three: Develop and Implement your Estate Plan, to match your wishes
- analyze the gap between existing strategies and efficient strategies.
- tax efficiencies and potential legal issues.
- tax avoidance and deferral strategies.
- discuss trade-offs, what is more important to you.
- co-ordinate your legal, accounting and financial professionals.
- investment and insurance components.
- Formulate stratagies to match your needs.
Ongoing support, in our constantly changing world
- Annual strategy review to ensure that your current circumstances or legislation changes won’t impact your strategy.
- Ongoing monitoring of your family and financial needs. A simple child’s wedding, divorce or births can adversely affect your estate structure.
- Regular calls and meetings to keep you informed.
- Occasionally Calvin will forward articles of interest or pertinent to world, or your world, events.
- Either Calvin or someone from his team will be available Monday to Friday 8 to 5.
- You will have Calvin’s personal cell phone number for after hours issues as they happen.
- Assist in extraordinary situations outside of what would normally be called financial. “Family Emergency Services”